Today is a solo episode. I talk a fair bit about podcasting, the Wild Elixir Podcast, what I’ve learned, and what’s to come, most exciting of which is a namechange – to the Personal Mythmaking Podcast.
Check out the show notes below to get a sense of what I’m talking about in this episode.
Reciprocity & Appreciation
This is an ad-free self-produced podcast, and I’d love to hire people to do the editing and transcription, and eventually even be able to pay my guests.
If you appreciate the Wild Elixir podcast (soon to be the Personal Mythmaking Podcast), please support the show at: www.patreon.com/janellehardy or make a one-time donation with this paypal button:
Also – there are some lovely perks to supporting the podcast on Patreon:
- a monthly recording of a fairytale for you to listen to
- access to my Honouring Your Anger ecourse
- access to my Honouring Your Grief ecourse
- At the $50 level, a monthly writing circle, in which we work with a fairytale and write and discuss (this is so rich and fun!)
It would mean so much to have you support the show: www.patreon.com/janellehardy
Things I chatted about in this episode:
My solo episode which goes over all the DIY details of how to create and run a podcast without knowing anything when you start: Episode 28.
What I’ve learned in 2.5 years of podcasting and interviewing:
- what’s changed over that timeframe in my podcasting
- my fascination with my 4 questions lingers
- the importance of intention, open-hearted listening, the embarrassment of listening to myself in the editing process
- learning and unlearning my assumptions
- seeing some of my blindspots around inclusive language and making those changes
- starting a Patreon page
- asking for help and support
What’s to come:
- lengthier interviews that integrate more of the person’s lifestory and work into the interview
- a continued focus on bringing a wide range of voices to the podcast so that I’m not having conversations with too narrow a range of people
- being of service – adding solo episodes to address topics of interest to my clients/ students and listeners around healing, memoir writing, creative writing, the creative process, embodiment and cultural heritage/ancient tales, as well as self-reclamation
- a podcast name change from Wild Elixir Podcast to Personal Mythmaking with Janelle Hardy
- a small break/sabbatical to regroup, committ to the changes and plan my new format